Getting started with EE WiFi Calling
Unlike O2, EE’s WiFi Calling service works without downloading an application, and allows you to text and call without a mobile signal, simply by connecting to WiFi and using your phone as normal.
Is my tariff compatible?
EE WiFi Calling is available to…
- New and existing customers on EE pay monthly plans and existing small business customers,
- Corporate customers on a 4GEE plan (with a compatible device).
EE WiFi Calling is not available to…
- Pay as you go customers,
- Users of Voice VPN, Freedom or Mobile Voice Recording,
- Those on T-Mobile plans.
However, Corporate 3G users can easily upgrade to a 4G plan and thus gain access to WiFi Calling.
Is my phone compatible?
EE WiFi calling is compatible with the following devices:
- Apple iPhone 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S5
- Microsoft Lumia 640
- Microsoft Lumia 640 XL (Corporate customers only)
- HTC One M9
- Sony Z5 and Z5 Compact
*However, WiFi Calling is only supported by the EE version of Android and Windows devices – that have been bought directly from an EE store, online at EE.co.uk, or through the EE telesales team. Any Android or Windows devices bought from other retailers will unfortunately not be able to support WiFi Calling.
Will it cost me?
Any calls or texts made over WiFi will come out of your monthly allowance, as usual. If you happen to go over your allowance, you’ll be charged at standard rates.
You can follow EE’s instructions to set up your device with WiFi Calling here: