How to activate and set up your new Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Firstly ensure your SIM Card is inserted into your new Samsung device. If you have set up a Samsung account and are activating after performing a factory data reset, you may be required to enter your Samsung username and password.
- If powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung logo appears then release.
- Tap the appropriate Language then tap NEXT (located in the lower-right).
- From the Setup Wizard screen, tap NEXT.
- If prompted with “Ready to activate?”, tap Activate Now.
Allow several seconds for deactivation of the old device to complete.
- From the Verizon Cloud screen, tap SKIP then tap NOT NOW.
To add Verizon Cloud after initial setup, from a Home screen navigate: Apps > Verizon folder > Cloud.
- From the Email set-up screen, tap SKIP.
To add Email accounts after initial set-up, please see our post on adding a Personal POP/IMAP Account.
- From the Got another device? screen, select No thanks then tap NEXT.
- From the Add your account (Google) screen, tap SKIP.
Once set-up is complete, you can add an existing Google account or create a new Google Account by following our guide here.
- From the Skip account set-up pop-up, tap SKIP.
- From the Name screen, enter the first and last names then tap NEXT.
- From the Protect your phone screen, select No, thanks then tap NEXT.
- Tap SKIP ANYWAY.
- From the Google services screen, tap any of the following services to enable or disable then tap NEXT.
Enabled when a check mark is present.
- Help apps find your location
- Improve location accuracy
- Help improve your Android experience
- From the Setup Wizard summary screen, tap DONE (located in the lower-right).
- Finally, from the Samsung account screen, tap SKIP.
To add a Samsung account after initial setup, from a Home screen navigate: Apps >Settings > Accounts > Add account > Samsung account.
If you are activating your device on a pay-as-you-go service, please following the instructions below:
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Accounts.
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Email then tap the account type.
- Enter the Email address then tap NEXT.
Depending upon the email account type, the available options may vary
- Enter the Password then tap NEXT.
- Enter the appropriate info (e.g., Username, Password, Security type, etc.) then tap NEXT.
- Enter the appropriate info (e.g., SMTP server, Port, Security type, etc.) then tap NEXT.
- Configure Account options as appropriate then tap NEXT.
- Enter an account name if desired then tap NEXT.
If presented, ensure ensure a name is entered for outgoing messages.