How to download iOS 9
1) Firstly, back up your device via iTunes or iCloud. Below are the instructions for each:
Back up via iTunes:
- Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Choose File > Devices > Back up.
If you’re using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click the device and choose Backup Now.
Back up via iCloud:
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup. If you’re using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
- Make sure iCloud Backup is on.
- Tap Back Up Now.
2) The easiest way to update your device is to do so wirelessly, or ‘over air’. Plug your device into a power source or ensure you have over 50% battery and tap Settings > General > Software Update.
3) Tap “Download and Install” to download the update.
4) Tap Install when the download completes if you want to complete it now. Tap Later to install the update later. If your device is passcode enabled, it will ask you to enter the passcode before installing the update.
If you can’t update wirelessly, you can update via iTunes.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Plug in your device to your computer.
- In iTunes, select your device.
- In the Summary pane, click “Check for Update.”
- Click “Download and Update.”
- Make sure your device has enough space for the new operating system, you can check this by going to Settings > General > Usage to see how much space your content uses. If you’re running low on room, you can use iTunes to create space or remove content from your device.
Which Apple devices are compatible with iOS 9?
iPhone: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus.
iPad: iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4.
iPod: iPod Touch 5G, iPod Touch 6th Gen.