How to get O2 WiFi Calling
O2 WiFi works with ‘TU GO’, an application that allows you to text, call and check your voicemail over WiFi, irrelevant of whether or not you have a mobile signal. Not only can you stay connected without reception but you’ll also be able to connect to WiFi when you’re abroad, and call and text at UK rates.
TU GO is currently available for Pay Monthly and Business customers and is compatible with:
- The Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 5.0 or higher,
- Android phones and tablets with Android 2.3 and later,
- Windows Phone with Windows 8.0 or above,
- PCs with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1,
- and Desktop web browsers using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Better yet, you can download the app and log in on up to 10 devices at any time, allowing you to get your calls or texts on your tablet or laptop when your phone is out of battery.
Will TU GO cost me?
Any calls or texts made through the TU GO application will come out of your monthly allowance, at the same cost they would if you were using a mobile signal. The app will however use a small amount of data to sync your timeline and voicemail, to avoid any extra charges, simply ensure you’re connected via WiFi so you’re not using your mobile data allowance. Alternatively, you can choose to use your mobile data if you would like to not only make calls and texts through WiFi but also over your 3G/4G connection, this can be configured in the TU GO settings.
How do I download TU GO?
- Firstly check you have a compatible device and tariff.
- Download the application, you can do so by clicking the link below.
- Tap ‘Register’ to start creating your TU GO account. To complete the sign up, you will receive a text message so ensure you have reception when getting setting up.
TU GO can be downloaded via the Apple App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Store, Download TU GO PC Version for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, and Desktop Web Browsers using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Once signed up, O2 will ensure voicemail is switched on for your phone number (you can switch this off again from the app). Also please bear in mind that all call forwarding or diverts you had will be turned off while your TU GO account is active.