Activation problems after installing Apple iOS 9.3
After updating your iOS device – iPhone 5S and earlier and iPad Air and earlier – to the latest version of Apple’s operating system, you may be required to enter your Apple ID and password to complete the software update. If you cannot remember your password or are unable to sign in, you can follow our quick guide below.
If your iPhone hint on the activation screen does not match your current Apple ID, you can try the following steps to ensure you are entering your Apple ID information correctly:
- Sign in to iCloud.com from a computer. You can get help if you forgot your Apple ID or need to reset your Apple ID password.
- Open Settings and scroll to the My Devices section.
- Confirm that your device is listed in the My Devices section. If you don’t see it listed, check all your accounts.
If you still need help, you can try these steps in iTunes from a computer:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the computer.
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Select your device. You should see the Activate [your device] screen in iTunes.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click Continue.
Or try to sign in to iCloud.com, so you can remove Activation Lock:
- Turn off your device or take it offline.
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Select All Devices, then select your device.
- Click Remove from Account. If you still see a map in the device detail view, select All Devices again, click next to your device, then click Remove.
- After you set up your device successfully, make sure that you sign in to iCloud and turn on Find my iPhone again.