- Why do we collect this information? Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United Kingdom. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google Advertising Features include Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting.
personal information we process
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age
- Records of your contact with us such as support queries, emails to your account manager,
- Products and services you hold with us
- The usage of our products and services such as contract start & end dates, hardware fund amount, insurance policies, etc
- Marketing to you and analysing data including history of those communications and whether you open them or click on links
- Financial details about you, such as the name and full postal address of your Bank or Building Society, account number and reference number, credit card details including type of card, name on card, card number and expiry date
- Details about your company such as company name, address, telephone, email address, registered office address, invoice address and delivery address
- Information about your employment status and occupation
- Information about your property occupier status such as whether you are a tenant, live with parents or are an owner occupier of the property where you live at the time of your application and the length of time spent at your current address
- Information about your mobile devices or fixed line product such as SIM Card number, IMEI number, make/model and mobile number, number of lines, rental costs
your rights under data protection laws
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
Please note: You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01252 854352 to exercise these rights.
The legal grounds for processing your information (including when shared with others)
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a) Managing products and services you hold with us
b) Updating your records
c) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records (where appropriate)
b) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
c) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
d) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
e) For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products and services and provide you with support updates and news
f) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent:
a) For some direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products and services and provide you with support updates and news. We may send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels if you have subscribed or follow us
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (for example insurers, mobile networks), or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business, for example MailChimp
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from associates of products and services
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following purposes:
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- To send you a monthly newsletter providing you with the latest support, tips, offers and news, if subscribed to our email list
- To monitor if you are due an upgrade or would benefit from further services
- For updating your records – from progress in support issues to a new address
- SMS notifications – if due an upgrade or nearing the end of your contract
How, and when, can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the following details: 01252 854352 email@example.com
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website or by phoning your account manager on 01252 854352. We’ll then update your records.
Do you have to provide personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.